2012 was an exciting year – I realized some big dreams including:
1. Publishing my memoir!
2. Giving 12 narcolepsy presentations across the country – from California to Cleveland; from Florida to Boston.
3. Launching my video series.
4. Running Mt Washington Road Race in honor of my father & raising $3,000 for narcolepsy research.
5. Organizing the FDA initiative for narcolepsy.
6. Sharing my story with Discovery Channel.
7. Publishing popular Sleep’s Choice essay.
2012 was also a year of “digging deep” and lessons learned, such as:
1. Grief is not a symmetrical process – the waves will ebb and flow. Hold tight for the ride.
2. When you’re at a loss for words, saying, “I don’t know what to say,” is sometimes the best thing you can say.
3. Love and support may not always come from the people we hoped/expected, but new sources of love and support are out there.
Thank you to my friends, family and blog followers. Your support, generosity, and kindness helped me through the most challenging year of my life. I am forever grateful.