It’s Almost World Narcolepsy Day, Are You Ready?
The week leading up to World Narcolepsy Day has quickly become one of the most surreal weeks of my life! I’m already speechless seeing the photos, articles, videos and radio segments from around the globe honoring World Narcolepsy Day.
World Narcolepsy Day Activities:
I will travel to Vancouver, Canada tomorrow to celebrate World Narcolepsy Day at World Sleep 2019, an international congress on sleep medicine. Join myself and Project Sleep virtually or in-person, here are some opportunities:
World Narcolepsy Day Pronouncement:
Tune in on Sunday, Sept. 22, 2019 at 12:00 noon ET for the World Narcolepsy Day Pronouncement – broadcasting via Facebook Live. Narcolepsy and idiopathic hypersomnia experts and community leaders gathered at World Sleep 2019 will discuss the importance of World Narcolepsy Day, raising awareness and advancing research to improve outcomes for people with narcolepsy and IH around the world.
To watch the live broadcast, simply go to Project Sleep’s Facebook page on Sunday 9/22 at 12noon ET and as soon as we “go live,” the video should show up in our newsfeed!
World Narcolepsy Day #NChat on Twitter
#Nchat is a monthly Twitter conversation that connects people with narcolepsy worldwide. Join in this special #WorldNarcolepsyDay #Nchat on Sunday, Sept. 22nd at 5:00 p.m. ET!
If you’re in the Vancouver area or attending World Sleep 2019, join us in-person for these opportunities:
- World Narcolepsy Day “Selfie-Station” on Sunday, Sept. 22, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PT in the Public Foyer, Vancouver Convention Center
- Julie Flygare’s Author Table on Sunday, Sept. 22, 2019 from 12:15 – 12:45 p.m. PT in the Public Foyer, Vancouver Convention Center
- Inaugural World Narcolepsy Day Forum on Sunday, Sept. 22, 2019 from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. PT in Room 109, Vancouver Convention Center
- Speakers: Matt O’Neill, Narcolepsy UK, Julie Flygare, JD, Project Sleep, Claire Crisp, Wake Up Narcolepsy, Eveline Honig, MD, Narcolepsy Network, Rebecca King, Hypersomnia Foundation, Mark Patterson, MD, Day4Naps
- Session description: To mark the inaugural World Narcolepsy Day, Sept 22, 2019, leaders of narcolepsy non-profit patient organizations will share programmatic highlights, best practices and key insights from the front lines. Clinicians, researchers and patient community members will learn about the latest resources from non-profit sector while also fostering new ideas for working together across disciplines to improve outcomes for people with narcolepsy across the world.
GLOBAL begins with LOCAL:
Awareness begins with one person reaching out to another person in their community. This is why Project Sleep has designed a beautiful World Narcolepsy Day webpage with resources and graphics to help you raise your voice in your community.
Quick Ways to Support:
- Add the Facebook Frame: Show support on Facebook by adding the World Narcolepsy Day frame to your profile photo. ADD FRAME!
- Give Back: Start a FB fundraiser or make a World Narcolepsy Day gift to Project Sleep
- Share on Twitter: We’ve prepared a simple tweet for you to share. TWEET IT!
- Follow #WorldNarcolepsyDay on Instagram: Like and comment on fellow advocates posts from around the world! FOLLOW ON IG!
Just a few highlights so far from around the world:
- radio segment from Ireland
- video from Japan
- charter of rights from the UK
- social media posts from South America
- event in Rome
- kite-flying events in Ireland
Thank you for your support, this is totally surreal. See you from Vancouver soon! <3
Leave a Comment