I have a confession. I realized recently, “OMG, I haven’t told my Members of Congress that I have narcolepsy!!”
While I consider myself a vocal advocate, I haven’t informed my legislators that I CARE about narcolepsy and sleep research and they should too.
So, I’m excited to share that I will be going to Capitol Hill in November with other sleep community leaders to educate Congress on the impact of sleep disorders and advocate for critical federal funding of sleep research.
And I need your help! As part of this effort, we will HAND DELIVER letters from you to your Members of Congress! Friends in the U.S. – please participate!
SUBMIT YOUR LETTER:
1. DOWNLOAD THIS LETTER & add your name, address and story.
2. Save it to your computer with a title like “Jane Doe Letter”.
3. Email your completed letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please do not send your letter directly to your Members of Congress, e-mail is often routed away from key staff and mailed letters go through extensive security screening for over a month.)
4. Act now! Deadline is Friday, Oct. 27th.
- There is a real chance Congress will be unable to reach agreement on FY18 spending bills by the end of the year.
- Your outreach will be timely and effective in telling your legislators to finish the process and provide meaningful increases to research funding.
- You should expect that your legislators will respond to your requests.
I truly believe that together, we can make a positive difference for narcolepsy and sleep research. Spread the word to friends and family to participate – patients and loved ones included!